Weatherization Assistance Program
The mission of the Weatherization Assistance Program is to reduce energy costs for individuals and families by improving the energy efficiency of the dwelling while ensuring the health and safety of the individuals. An assessment is performed on each home to determine the source of energy loss. After the work is completed, there will be an inspection by an energy auditor to assess the completeness and quality of work.
Weatherization measures for qualified applicants may include:
- Air sealing the conditioned space of the home
- Installing insulation as required
- Sealing duct work
- Performing HVAC system cleaning
- Repairing leaky and/or faulty windows and doors
- Replacing incandescent light bulbs with highly efficient LED bulbs
- Health and safety checks on the home
How to apply and documentation required:
- Contact the Weatherization Office 256-704-1641 (APPOINTMENT ONLY)
- On-line application via LITT Lite Application - The LITT Lite app is free in the Apple App Store or in Google Play. Through this app, you can apply directly for assistance. You must submit photos of documentation and sign your applications from your phone or any mobile device.
- Picture ID
- Social Security Cards for entire Household
- Proof of Income
- Income restrictions apply
- Proof of Ownership of Home
- Utility bill for previous month
For more information, visit the FAQ’s page.