Helping people and changing lives is what’s important to us. We pride ourselves on
offering the best possible service to our customers by providing them with
knowledge to gain access to new opportunities and achieve economic self-sufficiency. We feel
we can achieve these goals by offering great services to those who need them most.
Head Start is a comprehensive child development program
which is designed to meet the needs of all enrolled children
and their families by maximizing their strengths and unique
experiences, including culturally diverse backgrounds and
Assistance is given twice a year to low income families to
meet heating and cooling energy costs and to prevent
energy services from being terminated in health crisis
Funds are paid directly to utility companies and vendors.
- Regular Heating/Cooling Assistance
- Crisis Assistance Heating/Cooling
- Home visits with elderly clients
- Assure that needs & emergencies are met.
Comprehensive housing counseling services
are offered to home buyers, homeowners and renters, both current and perspective. This assistance enables them to improve their housing conditions and meet the responsibilities of tenancy or home ownership under HUD and other funding in Huntsville/Madison & Limestone counties.
- Assistance with emergency rent, mortgage payments, and/or utility
- Assistance with efforts to eliminate
Financial Counseling in Crisis Situations
- Advice on problems of evictions, rent delinquencies,
and mortgage default
- Assistance in completing loan applications for housing
The U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Weather Assistance Program reduces energy costs for low-income Americans by increasing the energy efficiency of their
homes while ensuring their health and safety. This program provides energy conservation
improvements including insulation, and weather stripping for households which meet established income guidelines. This program serves Huntsville/Madison & Limestone's counties.
- Reduce energy costs and alleviate high energy burden for low-income
- Decrease the nation's energy consumption and reduce dependence on imported
- Improve local air quality and avoid greenhouse gas emissions
- Provide economic boost in low-income communities
- Educate consumers in energy efficiency practices
Back to Top